QA Engineer (remote)
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
If you like assessing the quality of specifications and technical design documents in order to ensure timely, relevant, and meaningful feedback, we can make your dream come true – you will be our QA Engineer, working fully remotely from your home. You will be working with a WMS module within which the rules/policies for item processing will be created. In particular, creating and testing rules for item management. We are ready to provide the templates for creating consistent and clear documentation.
- Testing current products and identifying deficiencies while suggesting the solutions
- Investigating product quality in order to make improvements to achieve better customer satisfaction
- Planing, creating and managing the overall quality planning strategy with the team
- Collaborate with the product development team to ensure consistent project execution
- Identify quality assurance process bottleneck and suggest actions for improvement
- Participating in daily and other meetings
- Tracking all bugs and communicate issues to ensure their resolution before the release
- Growth and development on a dynamic project
- Opportunity to cooperate with American designers, skill up UX/UI
- Migration between projects
- Possibility to work remotely
- Understanding of software’s life-cycle
- Knowledge of basic principles and methodology of testing
- Understanding of basic types of testing
- Successful functional and regression testing
- Experience in creating and maintaining test plans, bug tracking and fixing control
- 1+ years of manual testing (the more the better)
- Experience in using issue tracking system (we use Jira)
- Experience in working by agile, understanding of specific features of testing on agile-projects
- Ability to work with test management tools
- Good analytical, communication, team-working skills, accuracy, attention to detail
- Trainability, motivation to get new knowledge and assiduity
- English level: Intermediate or Advanced
Additional experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Knowledge of SQL, mainly ability to write simple queries
- Experience with Swagger
- Understanding of working principles of applications on microservice architecture
- Experience in web and mobile testing
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.