PHP Developer (Remote)
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, MSSQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
The fully remote position gives the possibility to work from the coziness of your home with many benefits, and a competitive performance-based salary. As a new team member, you will develop web applications for business systems, with the use of a rich programming stack to write code, apply knowledge to refactor and test applications, and maintain coding documentation. Are you in?
- Write code, participate in developing front-end and back-end architecture
- Implement user interactions on web pages and ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Develop a project from conception to finished product while meeting both technical and client needs
- Stay updated with all trends in developing web applications and programming languages
- 3+ years of experience with PHP and frameworks as Symfony or Laravel
- Experience with SQL databases (MS SQL, MySQL), Git
- Good understanding of OOP and SOLID
- Experience with unit testing, ability to write testable code
- English level: Intermediate and higher
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
The following experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Experience with AWS, Docker / Kubernetes, and Linux
- Knowledge of Vue.js
- Experience with Nginx, MariaDB + Galera Cluster
- Experience with Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Redis, Couchbase, Zookeeper
We highly appreciate if you have the following:
- Team player skills and multitasking
- Having a healthy perfectionism and systemic thinking
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence
- University-level degree
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
What we offer
Future projects as highly loaded SaaS web-based services for automating business processes in the field of medicine, insurance, finance, energy, including modules for processing large data arrays, billing subsystems, integration with external data sources, mobile applications, and IP telephony systems.
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.