Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
Lead QA is responsible for the professional development of the QA Community, organizing internal QA activities aimed to improve efficiency, standardizing QA processes, promoting the environment of knowledge sharing and constant improvement. Also Lead QA, 50% of the work time, works as a Quality Assurance or QA Automation specialist on the projects.
Lead QA Role:
- QA Community Development: document QA processes and materials; organize meetups and workshops; introduce and promote QA best practices.
- Processes review and standardization
- People Review and Management
- Preparing tests plans, checklists
- Manual testing of software and embedded products, documenting bug reports
- Investigating product quality in order to make improvements
- Creating and managing the overall quality planning strategy with the team
- Collaborating with the product development team
- QA automation using tools such as Selenium and Cypress
- Understanding of software development life-cycle
- Knowledge of principles and methodology of testing
- Experience with functional and regression testing
- Experience in creating and maintaining test plans, bug tracking, and regression testing
- 2+ years of manual testing
- 2+ years of automation testing
- Experience in using issue tracking system (we use JIRA)
- Experience in working by agile, understanding of specific of testing in agile process
- Experience in team-leading or mentoring
- Ability to work with test management tools
- English level: Upper-Intermediate and higher
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Knowledge of SQL, mainly ability to write simple queries
- Experience with Swagger
- Understanding of working principles of applications on microservice architecture
- Experience in web and mobile testing
- Working in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients. Start your journey today!