Senior Fullstack (react+node.js) Developer (remote)
5+ years of experience
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We work on an ambitious project of building a platform for EV (Electric Vehicles) charging that should become a game changer for that quite a new industry. We do everything: from designing the hardware to developing the driver’s mobile apps. The project is very innovative and keeps expanding. There are hundreds of charging stations operating live, and we are already working on the next step of turning the solution into a universal IoT platform.
The platform ecosystem includes several mobile apps for iOS and Android, an AWS-powered Backend, and custom embedded devices with NFC, BLE and WiFi interfaces.
We are now expanding the current project team (~14 Devs/QAs/BAs involved) and forming a new subteam that will work on an isolated product backlog.
A fully remote position allows you to work from the coziness of your home with many benefits and a competitive performance-based salary. As a new team member, you will design web applications for business systems, use various programming languages to write code, apply knowledge to adapt and test applications and maintain coding documentation, project progress reports, and application maintenance logs.
- Creating a project from conception to finished product while meeting both technical and client needs
- Designing front-end and backend architecture
- Writing clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Implementing user interactions on web pages and ensuring responsiveness of applications
- Writing tests (unit tests, UI tests)
- Staying up to date with all trends in developing web applications and programming languages
- Strong knowledge of Node.js and React
- Practical experience with MongoDB, AWS, microservices, CI/CD, DevOps, and Material UI.
- Familiarity with modern build and delivery pipelines
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- English proficiency at the upper-intermediate level and above
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.