Senior Project Manager
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
If you are a specialist capable of managing the project from design and prioritization, scheduling tasks, control, communications towards prompt problem-solving, we are inviting you to join us. By working fully remotely from the coziness of your home, you will be able to organize your schedule and have a performance-based salary with many benefits from our company.
Your main target would be to bring the customer’s idea to implementation on time, using available resources with managing remote teams. As part of this task, the Project Manager needs to build a development plan, organize a team, set up a process for working on a project, provide feedback between teams and a customer, eliminate interference for teams, control quality and deliver a product on time. If you have experience in the full cycle of Project Management, you are certainly at the right place!
- Working with technologies that we use in business while supporting architecture design and all technical requirements for the projects
- Defining of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility
- Leading the team and setting up a workflow for them (development, testing, working with requirements)
- Doing HRM activities such as staff recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training them while maintaining a safe and secure work environment
- Motivating staff and developing their personal growth opportunities as well as leading their career path within the projects
- Recommending strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying issues, and evaluating trends
- Tracking project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Creating a transparent communication environment between all participants in the process in order to motivate them, tracking the satisfaction of the project from the side of the team
- Communicating with the customers, managing their expectations, presenting ready-made solutions, demo versions, and prototypes
- Participating in the selection and approval of the project team and in the development of information systems architecture
- Meeting budgetary objectives and making adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
Future projects as highly loaded SaaS web-based services for automating business processes in the field of medicine, insurance, finance, energy, including modules for processing large data arrays, integration with external data sources, mobile applications, and others.
- Software Development Service (Developing custom software solutions and platforms, etc.)
- Web and Mobile Applications (Development and Integration, iOS, Android, etc.)
- IT Services (Data and System Migration, Cloud, IT Security, etc.)
- Process Automation (Smart Technology implementation, Problem-solving methodologies, etc.)
Experience that you need to have for this role:
- Knowledge and experience in applying Agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban
- Experience in the role of developer, architect of information systems
- 7+ years of successful experience in a similar position
- English level: Fluent
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Experience in the development of systems with high load
- Understanding of the principles of automation and optimization of business processes
- Project Management certification is a plus
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.