Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
The Talent Manager plays a pivotal role within the Talent Management Department and reports directly to the Head of Talent. This position is responsible for overseeing employee performance management, facilitating professional development initiatives, fostering community building, driving succession planning efforts,and enhancing company branding. The Talent Manager contributes to a culture of continuous learning, growth, and collaboration. Central to this role is the ability to connect, engage, and foster relationships. The ideal candidate thrives in human-centric environments and has a genuine passion for nurturing talent and building collaborative teams.
Employee Performance Management
- Manage the annual assessment cycle for all employees in the organization.
- Monitor and update individual professional development plans to align with both employee aspirations and organizational objectives.
- Developing a project from conception to finished product while meeting both technical and client needs
- Staying updated with all trends in developing web applications and programming languages
Employee Professional Development
- Organize and oversee professional development events such as workshops and round table discussions to facilitate knowledge sharing and skills enhancement.
- Curate and manage information related to professional certifications for each role, actively promoting the pursuit of relevant certifications.
Community Building and Enhancement
- Research and explore opportunities to cultivate and strengthen communities, facilitate community activities like meetups, webinars, and forums to encourage collaboration and knowledge exchange.
Employee Succession Planning
- Cultivate robust relationships with employees to remain informed about their professional development goals and aspirations.
- Serve as a point of contact for employees on talent management matters, including conflict resolution, grievance handling, and policy interpretation.
Enhance VVT Branding
- Contribute to efforts that enhance VVT’s reputation as a preferred employer.
- Proficiency in English at an Upper-Intermediate level or higher;
- Prior experience in software development and IT services field, with a deep understanding of industry practices, trends, and technologies;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, conflict resolution abilities, and a proactive problem-solving approach;
- Ability to foster a culture of learning, collaboration, and innovation;
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced environments and rapidly changing organizational needs;
- Effective Teamwork player with proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with departments such as HR and Recruitment, Services, and Operations;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and personal development;
- Analytical Thinking: Strong ability to analyze complex situations, assess information critically, and formulate well-reasoned solutions;
- Result-Oriented: Demonstrated track record of setting clear goals, executing plans efficiently, and consistently achieving impactful outcomes;
- Ethics: High standard of ethical conduct and integrity, consistently adhering to established principles and values.
- Working in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
What we offer
Future projects as highly loaded SaaS web-based services for automating business processes in the field of medicine, insurance, finance, energy, including modules for processing large data arrays, billing subsystems, integration with external data sources, mobile applications, and IP telephony systems.
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients. Start your journey today!