Android Developer (remote)
1-3 years of experience
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
Absolutely. You would be responsible for developing applications for devices powered by the Android operating system. A very competitive income is waiting for you, by building a very satisfying career as an Android developer, working fully remotely from the coziness of your home. Did you know that Android is still the most used mobile operating system in the world?
- Development and support applications using Kotlin, Java, RxJava, Android DevTools, and web services (JSON REST)
- Continuous integration with Jenkins
- Applications development for new projects using Scrum and Agile (in collaboration with the design team and iOS developers)
- Documentation of planning and implementation processes in Jira and Confluence
- Strong knowledge of Android 4 and higher
- Strong Java programming experience working in Android development
- Proven experience consuming RESTful JSON APIs and web sockets
- Excellent knowledge with existing frameworks and APIs
- Expert in the interaction between various devices and versions of Android
- Be able to produce clear and concise technical deliverables for internal and external use
- Solid understanding of techniques to achieve high-quality user experience
- Known for writing efficient, maintainable, and reusable code
- Proficient in design, data structures, problem-solving, and debugging
- Experience with Git
- Strong focus on usability
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.