Data Scientist (remote)
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
If you are interested in analyzing and understanding a large amount of raw data to find patterns that will support developing and maintaining computer software applications, then we will save this seat for you. Working fully remotely from the coziness of your home and many benefits, you will be able to grow and improve your skills with our cooperative and friendly team. You need to be experienced as a strong junior, middle, or middle plus expert.
- Identifying valuable data sources, acquiring, processing and cleaning the data
- Applying data science techniques, such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence to address business problems
- Presenting information using data visualization techniques
Analysis and ETL Tools: Python, Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, Sklearn
Work experience in Scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow/PyTorch/Cafee, or other ML framework fields
Data Visualization Tools such as: Matplotlib/Seaborn/Plotly/ or other
Data Mining and BI using SAS, Advertising Tools, Machine Learning, Databases, Big Data
Experience in commercial/educational ML/AI projects
English language (at least at the upper intermediate level)
Experience in Data models for online ads management, experience in Tableau/Power BI–nice to have
- Experience in ad algorithms and building production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize advertising performance in terms of revenue
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize advertising performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning and data mining techniques and marketing science research
- Utilize quantitative methods and tools including A/B testing, multivariate analysis (MVA), and analytical techniques to gain insights and optimize advertisement campaign performances that would result in a % increase in revenue per visitor
- Monitor and diagnose campaign performance for various campaign types using a data-driven approach by querying databases and using machine learning algorithms to improve the click-through rates by %
To optimize the advertising performance in terms of revenue
Potential tasks could be:
- Analysis of web/mobile advertising data to identify patterns that increase conversions
- Integration of the found patterns into the advertising display engine
- Creation of an ML model for integration into the advertising serving algorithm
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.