Velvetech is an international company with 20 years of experience in development of both software and hardware for companies all around the world. Velvetech is an official Microsoft Gold Partner, listed in top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
Our clients are mostly in the USA. They are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, largest pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Our area of expertise is consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends built on top of dotnet core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, RabbitMQ. Web front-ends are typically built with React and Angular. There is also a considerable amount of mobile development done in Swift, Kotlin, and Java. Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes. Modern CI/CD is made using Gitlab CI or Teamcity.
We follow Agile principles and Scrum and Kanban processes. Some of the projects are built with multiple coordinated teams. Collaboration is done in JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. The code is in Gitlab or Github.
We closely follow the trends in the technology world and actively cooperate with start-ups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA and AI.
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone achieves high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills, but also thanks to help and support of colleagues.
- Knowledge of basic concepts, k-means, kNN, SVM, boosting, SGD, neural networks, etc.
- Work experience in scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow/PyTorch/Cafee, or other ML framework fields
- Experience in commercial/educational ML/AI projects
- Experience in working with audio data (speaker diarization, speech-to-text, etc.), experience in working with text data (entity recognition, etc.), time-series data
- Experience in working with other languages (C#, JS)
- Python 2+ experience
- Experience in web services, web-sites, API creation
- It would be useful to have an account https://www.kaggle.com/ and take part in competitions there
Level: strong junior/middle/middle +
The main goal of a potential project is to determine in which room a certain person with a “tag” is located via using a controller and sensor data.
The examples of potential tasks
- Determine product characteristics based on its description
- Automatic assessment of vehicle load, tire wear, wheel alignment
In our company you’ll find plenty of possibilities for professional and career growth, you will be a part of a friendly team and also take part in the creation of highly demanded products which are used by an enormous amount of people!
Moreover, working at Velvetech is:
- Challenging and exciting projects
- Flexible schedule
- Young and friendly team
- In-company training, English language courses, professional certifications on the company’s dime, free access to the online learning platform (Software, DevOps, Project Management, Design, Business)
- Bonuses per project results