FPGA Engineer (remote)
3-6 years of experience
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
If you consider yourself an engineering professional with the challenge of developing the hardware design of a new FPGA platform and working in parallel with the software team to define and implement verification flow, then we would like that you join us. By working fully remotely from the coziness of your home, you will be able to organize your schedule and have a performance-based salary with many benefits from our company.
- Cooperating with a skilled team to establish a realistic architectural vision that assures low latency and a good flow
- Learning and strengthening an understanding of trading workflow, quantitative modeling, and system performance specifications collaboratively with a multi-functional team
- Designing and implementing functionality by providing valuable feedback on performance, logic, standard methodologies, and maintenance issues
- Being responsible for the creation of the physical stages and executing the FPGA verification and simulation activities
- Looking after the proper effectuation of the system frameworks and description of the newly produced products
Experience that you need to have for this role:
- Advanced experience and expertise with FPGA development
- Proficient in operating the simulation and modeling equipment, including the designing tools
- Advanced experience coding using HDLs with an emphasis on Verilog, SystemVerilog
- Extensive practical knowledge of tools: Quartus, ModelSim, Platform Designer (QSys), SignalTap
- Networking: practical knowledge of PHY, MAC, TCP layers
- A strong will and curiosity to use modern agile design and test practices
Additional experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Previous working experience in the Financial industry
- Proven results and accomplishments as a FPGA Engineer
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills along with working in a dynamic team
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.