Junior/Middle .NET Developer
Velvetech is an international company with 20 years of experience in development of both software and hardware for companies all around the world. Velvetech is an official Microsoft Gold Partner, listed in top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
Our clients are mostly in the USA. They are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, largest pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Our area of expertise is consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends built on top of dotnet core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, RabbitMQ. Web front-ends are typically built with React and Angular. There is also a considerable amount of mobile development done in Swift, Kotlin, and Java. Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes. Modern CI/CD is made using Gitlab CI or Teamcity.
We follow Agile principles and Scrum and Kanban processes. Some of the projects are built with multiple coordinated teams. Collaboration is done in JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. The code is in Gitlab or Github.
We closely follow the trends in the technology world and actively cooperate with start-ups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA and AI.
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone achieves high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills, but also thanks to help and support of colleagues.
- Experience with using .NET on projects (six months at least)
- Knowledge of English (at least at the level of reading the documentation)
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS / Bootstrap
- Knowledge of SQL and the ability to create queries, understanding the principles of optimizing queries and databases
- Knowledge of the principles and practical experience of using OOP, design patterns
- Knowledge of Knockout.js
An advantage will be:
- Experience in the development of high-load systems
- Experience in designing information systems
- Experience with React
At Velvetech, we build a culture where people work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress and pursue perfection. Being a mix of like-minded professionals, we shape an innovative environment and focus on excellence at every stage of the development process.
Velvetech is a home for a close-knit family made up of more than 90 employees who work globally, covering various time zones and choosing the schedule of their preference. We appreciate high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty.
While enjoying our work, we turn challenges into advantages to share success with our colleagues. You’ll become a part of a friendly team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.
Why work at Velvetech:
- Fair compensation, benefits, and rewards. We carefully consider your professional competencies, qualifications, and experience in our compensation package with an opportunity to reevaluate your contract in periodical performance reviews.
- Transparency and predictability. Our compensation philosophy is to pay fairly, competitively, and in line with the rate based on your input, performance, and skill sets.
- Flexibility. We offer a flexible work environment where you can accommodate personal styles and needs to choose technologies, schedule, or location.
- An encouraging environment. We cultivate work opportunities and support initiatives that drive your professional development, boost productivity, and enhance outcomes.
- Strong engineering culture. 80% of our team is made up of Senior Developers, experienced Project Managers, and Team Leads who’ve mastered the art of building elegant solutions.
- Professional development. We support Microsoft, AWS, Node.js, Creatio, IIBA certification programs, offer English language courses, and provide access to the online learning platform with software, DevOps, project management, design, and business knowledge base.