Node.js Developer (remote)
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends (dotnet core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, RabbitMQ), web front-ends (React, Angular), and mobile development (Swift, Kotlin, Java). Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using Gitlab CI or Teamcity.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in Gitlab or Github are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with start-ups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies
- Experience with Node.js/NestJS
- Process stack NestJs, microservices, MySql, Mongo, Redis, Elasticsearch;
- Infrastructure Kubernetes, AWS (RDS, SES, SQS, SNS, etc.), Gitlab, CI/CD.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Additional experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Understanding the principles of OOP/FP/SOLID
- Understanding of microservice architecture
- Experience with TypeScript
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.