Power BI Developer
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
The Power BI Developer partners with business stakeholders and analysts to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Focuses on design and development of business intelligence (“BI”) applications and architecture. Solves technical problems and optimizes the performance of business intelligence tools.
- Use advanced data modeling to build PowerBI-based dashboards (and related infrastructure) to solve real-world issues
- Collaborate and engage with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Domain experts to gain operational insights
- Educate users and stakeholders on self-service solutions
- Effectively contract and communicate with clients, partners, and internal analysts to define deliverables, timelines, and responsibilities
- Design, develop and support data analytics using Power BI service, self-service models, and visualization tools
- Develop, publish, schedule Power BI reports, enhance data models and dashboards to meet business requirements
- Integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded services or API automation
- Work with other analysts and data engineers to identify and understand source data systems and business requirements for solutions delivery
- Identify KPIs with clear objectives and monitor them consistently
- Analyze data and present it through reports that can help in decision-making
- Understand business requirements and choose a data model that best fits user needs, customizing when needed
Experience that you need to have for this role:
- DAX experience strong understanding and experience of Power BI application layer models
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills for translating data into meaningful visualizations
- Working knowledge of Power Queries; MS Power BI suite (Power Query/M/DAX), R language, MS PowerApps
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- 2+ years of experience writing DAX, defining, building, releasing, and evangelizing Power BI-based dashboards
- 2-4 years information system experience or equivalent working experience
- 2+ years of experience delivering complex reports and dashboards
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate and above English skills (not ideal, but spoken, as the client will be verbally defining tasks and meeting with the person)
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.