Senior Ruby Developer (remote)
5+ years of experience
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends (.NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ), web front-ends (React, Angular), and mobile development (Swift, Kotlin, Java). Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
If you are a skilled backend software developer who knows how to create the databases, libraries, and logic that make up an application OR you like getting your hands on writing code from scratch and reviewing other people’s work, we would like to accept you for this position. Here, you will have a chance to work fully remotely from your home in a highly motivated team with a performance-based salary and many benefits.
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby and build back-end components for web applications
- Design and implement full stack applications/services/tools/script for pipelines running in AWS and other cloud services
- Work closely with technical product managers and data scientists to design, implement, test highly scalable automated solutions
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers
- Participate in architecture and design efforts with the team members and/or across multiple teams
- Automate deployment processes and provide adequate test coverage by utilizing test framework
- Mentor junior engineers to develop quality code and review the design/code
- Create automated test scripts while review and debug junior developers’ code
- Respond to internal customers issue requests
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails
- IT Project and Management principles and techniques (Scrum, SAFe Agile)
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy
- Frontend: VueJS, jQuery, Webpack
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Testing Framework: RSpec
- Infrastructure: AWS, Linux
- Version Control: Git, GitHub
- Deployment: Capistrano, Ansible
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create project specs and identify roadblocks before writing code
- Set coding standards and creates standard processes
- Focused on writing clean, readable, and testable code
- English skills: Upper Intermediate and Advanced
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.