System Administrator / DevOps Specialist (remote)
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
Now we are looking for a System Administrator/ DevOps Specialist to our DevOps team.
- Administration of corporate servers: Linux, configuration, troubleshooting
- Network configuration, troubleshooting
- Administration of virtualization systems (Hyper-V, ESXi)
- Building fault-tolerant systems. Scaling under load
- Application protection, query optimization, load balancing
- CI/CD configuring
- Maintenance of the Kazoo Cluster: Linux CentOS, Kamailio, Freeswitch, Nginx, Couchdb, Rabbitmq, Rsyslog, Kibana, Voip-monitor, GitLab-CI
Experience in the following technologies:
- Successful work experience as a system administrator from 2 years and / or DevOps
- Excellent knowledge of the TCP / IP stack, OSI model
- Strong knowledge of Linux CentOS/Debian
- Strong knowledge of network equipment (routers, firewalls, switches)
- Ability to work with traffic (analysis, tracing)
- Experience in administering Hyper-V and/or ESXi virtualization systems
- Experience in administering web servers IIS, Apache, nginx, proxy, HTTP, postman
- CI/CD GitLab or equivalents
The following experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Administering and working with AWS, Azure and/or GCP cloud services
- Administering and configuring Cisco equipment, SonicWall firewalls
- Introduction to Github, GitLab, TeamCity, SVN, CI/CD, Dockers, Kubernetes, ELK, Prometheus, Zabbix
- Automation of deployment (docker, kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with automation using Bash/CMD/Powershell/Python.
- Understanding the basic principles of information security.
- English level: Intermediate and higher
We highly appreciate if you have the following:
- Knowledge of Windows Servers
- Experience with makefile
- Experience with Ansible
- Knowledge of SIP/RTP protocols
- Challenging and exciting projects
- Flexible schedule
- Young and friendly team
- Bonuses per project results
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.