System Administrator / DevOps Specialist (remote)
1-3 years of experience
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
A successful fit for this role would be someone with recent experience leading DevOps efforts, proven team leadership experience, and great communication skills. You will work fully remotely from the coziness of your home by communicating directly with Engineers and clients to develop and implement new end-user solutions that address current business needs.
- Administration of the organization’s servers: Windows, Linux (monitoring (Zabbix), configuration, troubleshooting)
- Remote administration of servers and systems of foreign customers (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
- Ensuring the work of Backups of all important resources
- Administration of virtualization systems (Hyper-V, ESXi)
- Identification of errors in the configuration of network and software and their correction
- Restoring the operability of the data transmission network in case of failures or failure of network/server equipment
- Engaging workplace for new users (new employees) and interaction with company employees and their support on emerging technical issues
- Configuring switching equipment of L2, L3 levels
- Creating various documentation
Experience in the following technologies:
- Successful work experience as a system administrator from 2 years and/or DevOps
- Understanding the layers of the TCP/IP and OSI models
- Experience in administering Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016, Linux
- Experience in deploying, configuring and administering database servers: MSSQL (2000-2017), MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience in administering anti-virus systems
- Experience in administering Hyper-V and/or ESXi virtualization systems
- Experience in administering web servers IIS, Apache, nginx
The following experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Administering and working with AWS and/or Azure cloud services is a plus
- Administering and configuring Cisco equipment, SonicWall firewalls is a plus
- Automation of deployment (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.), scripting of deployment tasks and system administration is a plus
- Introduction to Git, TeamCity, SVN
- Understanding the basic principles of information security
- English level: Intermediate and higher
We highly appreciate if you have the following:
- Team player skills and multitasking
- Having a healthy perfectionism and systemic thinking
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence
- University-level degree
- Challenging and exciting projects
- Flexible schedule
- Young and friendly team
- Bonuses per project results
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.