- Our Work
- Engagement Models
- Custom Development Services
- Enterprise Software Development
- SaaS Development
- Web Development
- Mobile Development
- .NET Development
- Data Engineering
- IoT Development
- Product Engineering
- AI & ML Solutions
- Blockchain Development
Velvetech team is well aware of the huge expense related to higher education, with many of us having been involved in it ourselves. While tuition at colleges and universities continues to rise, students and their families are often left with significant financial responsibilities to overcome.
To assist students passionate about pursuing a degree in web design or development, Velvetech is proud to sponsor an annual $1,000 college scholarship essay contest. Details about the contest and how to apply are below. Further, our aim is to double this amount for next year’s program.
Velvetech Scholarship Program 2019 is Closed
We want to thank everybody for submitting their essays. It’s inspiring to see so many talented students pursuing a career in web design and development — something so near and dear to all of us at Velvetech!
It’s been tough to settle on a winner, choosing from over 40 applicants. We had a little back-and-forth between our web design and development teams, but the final vote has been cast, and the winner is (drumroll please… are you ready for this?)
And the Scholarship Winner 2019 is
Daniel P. email@example.com
Congratulations, Daniel! We’ll be in touch via email shortly to explain how you can receive the $1000 prize and negotiate publishing of your story to our blog.
We would also love to compliment the efforts of two other finalists:
- Yang Z. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daria K. email@example.com
As promised, we are planning to repeat the scholarship program in 2020, doubling the prize this time. So stay tuned by subscribing to our social media channels. Now, let’s go build something amazing or, for some of us, learn new exciting technologies!
The scholarship amount is $1000 and it will be awarded to one student for their education expenses.
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution
- For applicants under 18, you must have permission from a parent or legal guardian
- Has a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must apply to the contest via email and provide your name and the name of the institution you are attending or plan to attend
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
Applying for the scholarship is easy. We have intentionally made the application process very simple so that a maximum number of students can apply for it. Only one winner will be selected.
Here are the steps to apply for the scholarship program:
- Write an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “Things to consider before going into Web Development”.
- You must submit your essay on or before December 31st, 2019.
- All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word format only. PDFs or Link to Google Docs will not be accepted.
- You should mention your full name, your university name, phone number, and email address in the scholarship application.
- Make sure your essay is unique and creative.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated, and if we have found that you have copied the article from some other source then your application will be immediately rejected.
- You should not provide any other information other than that mentioned above.
- After the application deadline has passed, our team will judge your essay on creativity, the value you have provided, and its thoughtfulness.
- The winners will be announced on January 15th, 2020 and the winner will be notified by email.
How will applications be reviewed?
Our team will manually review each article/application submitted and list the winners on this page after the deadline date.