Middle VoIP Engineer
3-6 years of experience
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We’re developing a system for a call center that provides a full spectrum of telephony services, and also statistics for call center work control – online and real-time speech recognition, maintenance of statistics, etc. One of our projects is a kazoo-based multi-tenant PBX with CRM systems integrations, speech recognition, call queues, etc. Therefore, we are seeking an expert for maintaining, integrating, and helping with the implementation of the products related to SIP/VoIP, who will work fully remotely from the coziness of its home with a performance-based salary and many benefits.
- System configuring on the basis of KAZOO, FreeSWITCH, Kamailio, malfunction analysis
- Technical support of users, consulting, maintaining documentation
- Ensure trouble-free work of PBX
- Monitoring and analyzing of events (detected on our side or reported by client)
- Participating in projects related to VoIP as a consultant
- Deep knowledge of SIP/RTP/WebRTC/STUN protocols
- Administration of IP-telephony, mainly KAZOO, FreeSWITCH, Kamailio
- HTTP (used for KAZOO configuring) and understanding of JSON format
- Knowledge and administration experience with OS Linux (CentOS/Debian)
- Experience in developing on Erlang, Python, other programming languages will be a plus
The following experience will be considered as an advantage
- Experience with KAZOO
- Ability to tune Linux to PBX tasks
- GitLab CI/CD
- Understanding of SIPp or any other tool used for testing (including load testing)
- Experience with Zabbix, VoIP monitor
- Python, .NET Core, .NET Framework
- Tornado Web Framework
- SpaCy, NLTK
- Cassandra DB
- Speech Transcription APIs (Google, IBM, Microsoft)
- For ML: Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.