Business Analyst (remote)
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
Would you like to improve our processes and systems? If your answer is YES, then we are offering to start conducting research and analysis in our company, to come up with solutions for business issues and to introduce these systems to our clients.
By working fully remotely from the coziness of your home, you will be able to organize your schedule and have a performance-based salary with many benefits from our company. You would be acting as the key interface between the users and the project managers to gather information, document processes, and confirm the final documents with users.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Eliciting business needs and collaborating with the clients
- Communicating with project stakeholders and managing the requirements lifecycle
- Analyzing requirements and elaborating technical design specifications
- Evaluating solutions: creating test plans, preparing test data, use cases description
- Managing communication between the client and the development team: preparing meeting agenda, conducting online meetings with the client, producing meeting notes, creating the list of action points and controlling their implementation, collecting and processing feedback
- Producing and delivering weekly and monthly reports, release notes
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects
Future projects as highly loaded SaaS web-based services for automating business processes in the field of medicine, insurance, finance, energy, including modules for processing large data arrays, integration with external data sources, mobile applications, and others.
- English level: Upper-Intermediate or Advanced (preferable to have a certificate)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in business analysis
- Good knowledge of business analysis and ability to apply appropriate methodologies
- Ability to define the best business solution among available options
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and stakeholders
- Natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Good experience of teamwork
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 130+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.