Chief Software Architect/Principal Software Engineer (remote)
10+ years of experience
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends (.NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ), web front-ends (React, Angular), and mobile development (Swift, Kotlin, Java). Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We are looking for a Chief Software Architect/Principal Software Engineer for our client in Florida, a cutting-edge software platform company providing eCommerce Management for enterprise-level retailers and manufacturers.
We are inviting you to provide hands-on architecture leadership, guidance, and mentoring to our distributed engineering teams, be a close collaborator and trusted advisor, and ensure the delivery of high-quality, robust, and scalable solutions. We are inviting you to join our team by working from home with full flexibility and many benefits. If you see this as an inspirational challenge and have strong leadership skills you are fulfilling the elementary experience set for this role.
- Understanding the long-term business objectives and suggesting technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Setting a vision and guidance for what kind and how technology will be used in the company
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements
- Responsibility for planning and building the technology ecosystem:
- The essential expertise
- The needed technology roles
- The technology infrastructure
- Selecting the global common SW architecture of the company products
- Ensuring the selection of the most advanced and relevant common tools and technologies to be used across the board while staying on top and having future trends in mind
- Guiding multi-generational technology based on an understanding of the market, customer needs, competitors, and standards
- Building early prototypes of product components and validate them for technical design and performance
- Overseeing standardization, technical design reviews and quality culture
- Working with internal and external organizations to develop technical and/or scientific differentiation for the future
- Making the common technology ubiquitous across the organization
- Teaching, coaching and mentoring less experienced engineers and/or scientists
- Monitoring technological performance KPIs and IT budget
- 401k and End of Year Holiday Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Benefits and Gap insurance
- $25,000 Life Insurance offered to all teammates
- Paid Holidays, 2 weeks paid Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- $400 Employee of the Month
- Relocation expense reimbursement package
- 10+ years working in a leading technological role, preferably in IT companies
- Advanced technological skill set
- Demonstrated vast history with technology
- Proved technical and scientific leadership
- Understanding of technology evolution and customer needs
- High ability to conduct convoluted technological analyses and research
- Extensive industry knowledge with ability of high future vision
- Strategic and clear thinking, problem-solving, optimistic attitude, ability to delegate efficiently
- Excellent communication skills with ability to motivate technical teams for better performance
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science or related/similar field, a PhD is an advantage
- Architecture: Microservices, Message Queues, Patterns
- Frontend: JS, Angular, React, CSS
- Backend: C#, .NET Core
- Database: MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- DevOps: Git, Gitlab, CI/CD, Docker, K8s, Azure
- BI: OLAP, SSIS, Analysis Services, PowerBI, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.