Database Developer Designer
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
If you are interested in analyzing and understanding a large amount of raw data to find patterns that will support developing and maintaining computer software applications, then we will save this seat for you. Working fully remotely from the coziness of your home and many benefits, you will be able to grow and improve your skills with our cooperative and friendly team. You need to be experienced as a strong middle plus or senior expert.
- Analyze database structures and models to identify data integrity and performance
- Design, implement, and tune tables, queries, stored procedures, and indexes in OLTP and OLAP environments
- Develop and maintain enterprise-wide (domain) data models
- Serves as a data resource for the organization
- Gathers and analyzes data supporting business cases, projects and systems requirements
- Design and develop logical and physical database models
- Design models for Self-Services Analytics and Reporting
- Collaborates with both internal and external teams to identify and validate data structures and fields along with defining build requests for new reports, dashboards and ML models
- Prepare report datasets for programs, management, and various requirements on time
- Supports the preparation and evaluation of special data projects
- Utilize ETL data methods (Extraction, Transform, and Loading) to bring disparate data sources together into the correct format required by applications
- Review data for quality assurance discrepancies and communicate issues to supervisor and affected staff as needed
- Provide support for reporting issues or failures at any time
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and technical requirements
- Work with stakeholders, including the business analytics teams and application architecture teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Work with geographically dispersed teams, embracing Agile and DevOps strategies for themselves and others while driving adoption to enable greater technology and business value
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as experience with complex Stored Procedures for data processing
Advanced data modeling skills of both OLAP and OLTP databases
Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and datasets
Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
Experience performing SQL performance tuning and optimization
Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
5+ years experience building large-scale operational data stores in Oracle, MS SQL Server or equivalent relational database
Candidates should also have 3+ years of experience using the following software or tools:
- Experience with Spark, Databricks, Snowflake are plus
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Oracle, MongoDB and Azure SQL
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud services
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Event, Hubs, Kafka, Spark-Streaming are plus
- Experience with Python is plus
- Experience with Big Data Warehouses (MPP) are plus
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in data modeling, model driven engineering and design patterns
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Data Lakes and Data warehousing, messaging, distributed Data architectures, and establishing Data platforms to support complex Analytical usage, including Operational ML use cases
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.