Language Expert (remote)
1-3 years of experience
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends (.NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ), web front-ends (React, Angular), and mobile development (Swift, Kotlin, Java). Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
If you are skilled in the English language (spoken and written), and you like checking documentation, communication, and working in a team, then we have an interesting offer for you. As a new team member, you would have a possibility to work fully remote from the coziness of your home with a performance-based salary and many benefits from our company.
- Help developers understand and produce texts in English
- Emails and correspondence
- Technical documentation and technical design specification
- Scope of work
- Check English and edit texts in business emails, documentation, the user interface of the developed software
- Providing reasonable and kind feedback to colleagues in order to improve their English skills
We would like you to become an important part of the software development team and work with us on challenging and exciting projects for leading American companies. If you are interested in starting as a Language Expert and completing tasks, having workshops, and developing/improving your skills further, we offer to continue your career in various job positions in our company. Therefore, you would have a possibility to upgrade your career with Velvetech in the following directions:
- Lead Business Analyst
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- English level: Upper-Intermediate or Advanced
- IT experience is not necessary
- Motivated to improve skills, develop career and grow with us
- Fast-learning and adjusting to tasks easily
- Developed analytical thinking
- Teamwork abilities
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients. Let’s fly together!