Principal Infrastructure Engineer-Architect (remote)
3-6 years of experience
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We are looking for a Principal Infrastructure Engineer-Architect for our client in Florida, a cutting-edge software platform company providing eCommerce Management for enterprise-level retailers and manufacturers.
You will be invited to create, maintain, automate and update solid infrastructure that our client can trust and rely upon is critical to our cooperation and success. We are inviting you to join our team by working from home with full flexibility and many benefits. If you see this as an inspirational challenge and have strong leadership skills you are fulfilling the elementary experience set for this role.
- Establishing a small and powerful team composed of experts in relevant tech fields
- Reviewing the product and selecting the best technologies (new or existing)
- Working hands-on with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Configuration management development and code review
- Preparing the support and maintenance documentation of Platform infrastructure tools and services
- Driving the adoption of automation platforms across technology stacks
- Supporting the continuous deployment model of private or public cloud-based applications
- Developing standards, policies, and procedures to support Platform Services
- Working closely with the R&D team but no direct responsibility for the development team and execution
- Working closely in full alignment with the product team under the VP of Product manager area
- 401k and End of Year Holiday Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Benefits and Gap insurance
- $25,000 Life Insurance offered to all teammates
- Paid Holidays, 2 weeks paid Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- $400 Employee of the Month
- Relocation expense reimbursement package
- Understanding of core Company Platforms and the collection of services
- Creating, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Docker images
- Scoping, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment technologies
- Experience in managing Linux and Windows systems in virtual environments
- Strong knowledge of containerization, virtualization, and cloud technologies
- Expertise in networking concepts
- Well-practiced troubleshooting methodology
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD and related concepts as well as experience working with CI/CD tools
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex problems in the cloud
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities may shift frequently
- Ability to communicate design, installation, and support of a solution through documentation
- Microsoft Stack
- Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy Management
- Cloud Administration (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Working knowledge of SQL Server
- Load Balancing
- Security (anti-virus, firewalls, access control, etc.)
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.