Python Full-Stack Developer (remote)
1-3 years of experience
Velvetech is an international company, based in the US, with 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients as leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation and support of software solutions with modern microservices backends (.NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ), web front-ends (React, Angular), and mobile development (Swift, Kotlin, Java). Most of the systems are prepared for cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP), and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
As a Python full stack developer magician, you need to do both frontend and backend. While the frontend comprises the visible part of the application with the user interface, the backend is where all the actual magic happens, including using business logic, how the data is stored, and where the solution runs.
As a new team member, you would design and develop, maintain and enhance applications. Therefore, you need to be good at problem-solving, solution design, logical thinking and high-quality coding. In a friendly environment with the possibility of growing your business and technical skills further along with various certifications and career upgrades, you would be able to work remotely from your home and enjoy many benefits that we are offering.
- Delivering high-quality application
- Integrating with front-end developers
- Writing test-backed server-side code
- Analyzing requirements and designing new functionality
- Supporting and fixing existing functionality
- Designing and building application layers
Experience that you need to have for this role:
- Knowledge and experience of Python + Tornado web server
- Experience with Angular 2+ or another UI framework (React, Knockout.js, Vue.js)
- Knowledge of English at least at the Intermediate level
The following experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Knowledge of other Python Web frameworks – Django, Flask, etc.
- Experience in the development of high-load systems
- Spoken English
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with KAZOO API
- Experience with microservices
- Challenging and exciting projects
- Flexible schedule
- Young and friendly team
- Bonuses per project results
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in the USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 90+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.