QA Automation Engineer
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We have one ticket for this race, working for us fully remotely from the coziness of your home with many benefits, and a competitive performance-based salary. We’re currently seeking a QA Automation Engineer to serve as a key member of our quality assurance team. We’re looking for someone who is a self starter with experience building automation from the ground up. Added automation tests in the CI/CD pipeline is a plus. This role will work within the Agile framework of continuous delivery. You should have in-depth experience with Cypress, Selenium or other testing frameworks.
- Do manual testing of the application
- Develop automated test cases using Cypress
- Testing frontend, database and API of application
- Implement and document best practices for test automation and assist the development teams in improving code quality
- Ability to translate product requirements into test plans and test cases for test execution. Prioritizing what needs to be automated
- Participate in scrum meetings and estimating efforts with English-speaking team members
- Work closely with product managers and engineering team to release high quality applications
- Experience in Katalon studio and Postman nice to have skill
- Experience in both: manual and automation testing
- Expertise in test automation tools such Cypress, Selenium or other frameworks
- Experience in testing all three layers of the application frontend, database and API
- Experience in using Project Management tool JIRA
- Experience using Version control system (GitHub, Bitbucket…)
- Experience in Agile project methodologies (Kanban or Scrum)
- Willing to work some hours in Central Time Zone and participate in live meetings
- Good English knowledge reading, writing, speaking
- Ability to create test plans, strategies and identify roadblocks during sprints
- Cross teams communication with engineering, product, and client success
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
What we offer
Future projects as highly loaded SaaS web-based services for automating business processes in the field of medicine, insurance, finance, energy, including modules for processing large data arrays, billing subsystems, integration with external data sources, mobile applications, and IP telephony systems.
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients. Let’s fly together!