React Developer (remote)
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We tend to motivate you to develop a shared component library that will be used on a large variety of products that the client builds. The shared library will be utilized by Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Process Flows Management System (PFMS) created for a large logistics company in the US market with further expansion to the other company modules, as well as the solutions that will be created for the company’s clients. At the same time, you will have a chance to collaborate with the professional design team and implementation teams that will use the shared library for their products.
As a new team member, working fully remotely from the coziness of your home, you would be responsible for leading the team while developing the latest user-facing features using React and building a modern highly responsive web-based user interface. In a friendly environment with the possibility of growing your business and technical skills further along with various certifications and career upgrades, you would be able to have many benefits and a competitive performance-based salary that are waiting for you.
- Actively involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use and translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers and coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers
- Redesigning and rewriting the product functionality, developing features to enhance the user experience, and determining the structure and design of the product
- Evaluating emerging technologies and proposing strategic, innovative, and cost-effective solutions that increase the efficiency, reliability, and integration of the business software
- Developing the shared component library (currently converting our component library from Flow to TypeScript, migrating from version 9 to 10 of styled components or CSS models)
- Helping transition our product from the old UI to ASP.NET and transition the scripts in jQuery+React, which inject components in our legacy UI, to a full SPA application (React ^16.13.x)
- Communicate frontend best practices to the team, enhancing efficiency and performance across the department
Additional activities and benefits:
- Continuously learning as a front-end developer and improving SPA development and other skills
- Web and Mobile Applications (Development and Integration, iOS, Android, etc.)
- IT Services (Data and System Migration, Cloud, IT Security, etc.)
- Process Automation (Smart Technology implementation, Problem-solving methodologies, etc.)
Future projects as highly loaded SaaS web-based services for automating business processes in the field of medicine, insurance, finance, energy, including modules for processing large data arrays, integration with external data sources, mobile applications, and others.
- Software Development Service (Developing custom software solutions and platforms, etc.)
- Performing code review and improving CI/CD processes and automation
- Participating in bi-weekly inter-team demos via Zoom, sharing results, and receiving input from other teammates
- Working in short 5-day sprints with small batches of clear tasks
3 6 years of experience in the following technologies:
- Thorough understanding of React and its core principles
- ES6/ES2015 and React ^16.13.x
- DOM / HTML5 API, CSS3 and HTML5
- Package managers npm/yarn
- Building SPAs
- Writing tests using Jest + Enzyme
- REST architecture understanding
The following experience will be considered as an advantage:
- Independently implementing product features
- Working in a cross-functional team (Designers, UX researchers, BAs, product managers, and other developers)
- English level: at least an intermediate level
- Flow and Typescript industry experience
- Latest ECMAScript interest, React and innovations in the world of client-side development
- Testing-library and its extensions for hooks and React
- You like to introduce new tools, expand ESLint, prettier configurations
- Customization GitLab CI, Docker or webpack
- NGINX configuration knowledge
- Our stack, infrastructure, and tools: TypeScript, Flow, Emotion, React, Babel ^7.10.x, Webpack, Rollup, Yarn
- Jest, Enzyme, Testing-library
- ESLint, prettier, Commitlint, semantic-release
- Git, Jira, Confluence, GitLab, Docker, K8S
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
What we offer
Our employee has an opportunity for continuous learning as a front-end developer with improving your SPA development and other skills while performing code review and improving CI/CD processes and automation. Besides that, you will be participating in bi-weekly inter-team demos via Zoom, sharing results and receiving input from other teammates. By working in short 5-day sprints with small batches of clear tasks, we offer many flexible benefits that make us different from other companies.
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.