Senior IOS Developer (remote)
5+ years of experience
Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We work on an ambitious project of building a platform for EV (Electric Vehicles) charging that should become a game changer for that quite a new industry. We do everything: from designing the hardware to developing the driver’s mobile apps. The project is very innovative and keeps expanding. There are hundreds of charging stations operating live, and we are already working on the next step of turning the solution into a universal IoT platform.
The platform ecosystem includes several mobile apps for iOS and Android, an AWS-powered Backend, and custom embedded devices with NFC, BLE and WiFi interfaces.
We are now expanding the current project team (~14 Devs/QAs/BAs involved) and forming a new subteam that will work on an isolated product backlog.
If you are interested in being responsible for developing applications for mobile devices powered by Apple’s iOS operating system, then you are on our APPLE tree. With a chance to develop your skills more while working fully remotely by having a performance-based salary and many benefits here, you will be responsible for creating and architecting new mobile applications. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving existing features on existing applications and working with our teams to develop innovative solutions that meet our clients’ business needs.
- Architect and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the Agile team to define, design, and ship new features on time
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and fix issues
- Participate in maintaining code quality, organization, and automatization
- Write unit and functional tests
- Knowledge of iOS SDK, Swift, RxSwift
- Familiarity MVVM + Wireframes + DI, MagicalRecord, SnapKit, Alamofire
- Experience working with CoreData/SQLite
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Knowledge of how to write clean, testable code
- English proficiency at the upper-intermediate level and above
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Familiarity with NFC, BLE
- Experience integrating with embedded devices
- Experience with: Mixpanel, Sentry, CircleCI
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients.