Senior PHP Developer
About the Company-Client
Company-Client is based in Los Angeles, California.
Company-Client is a provider of AI-based contact center software which increases customers’ contact and lead conversion rates. The advanced AI-based dialer combined with a dedicated human product expert delivers higher conversions with less time spent on an outreach.
Company-Client is a genuine innovation hub looking for ways to reshape the future of contact centers using the AI and Machine Learning.
The Engineering Team
The Engineering organization is growing aggressively and we are looking for bright, funny, hard working engineers to join our team.
Unlike most other companies with offshore development offices, Company-Client’s international teams are not second-tier teams, they are top-tier contributors to Company-Client’s success, working very closely with the Los Angeles colleagues on exciting projects, including AI and Big Data with a variety of technologies like Node.js, Python and Google NLU.
Our stack is diverse and challenging and includes Angular, PHP, Python, Node.js, Perl, C and MySQL. Our infrastructure is a hybrid cloud – data center.
The Los Angeles engineering team has 13 members.
Company-Client is looking for expanding their team. They are interested in a team of great contract-to-hire engineers that could eventually join their team as direct hires, in the next 6 to 12 months.
- There will be two interviews, one with the Los Angeles Tech Leads and the other with the VP of Engineering.
- The first interview will be technical, with live Q&A, architectural and design questions, code interpretation and other tests designed to gauge the developers’ problem solving and coding skills.
- The second interview is a high level conversation, designed to test the communication skills and the cultural fit of the developer.
- As soon as possible but ideally we want all new engineers to start at the same time so they can be onboarded together.
- The onboarding process will last between 2 to 4 weeks and includes reading and watching material, product demos, business case study and code training test cases.
- Company-Client will provide Apple hardware and software that will use Company-Client’ MDM solution.
- For the first 6-months we need the offshore team to overlap with PST for at least 4 hours, so until 12PM PST. As trust develops and the team becomes more cohesive, we can relax the overlap time to just 2 hours, so until 10AM PST.
- The Eastern European team will work closely with the two Tech Leads in Los Angeles for expanding and maintaining our software products.
- Our Los Angeles Product department creates detailed PRDs that are further refined by the Tech Leads (PRD Refinement) and reviewed with the engineering team (Sprint Planning).
- We use both Story Point and Time Estimations for our tickets.
- We are an Agile team with a 2-week Sprint and a daily Stand Up (11:30am PST).
- We use JIRA and Confluence for ticket management and GitHub for code repo.
- We have continuous code review and QA, both done in Los Angeles.
- The engineers log their time at the end of the day for each JIRA ticket they worked on.
- Design, architect, develop and implement secure and scalable critical business solutions based on PHP.
- Document existing PHP projects and create new documentation and training materials for all new projects.
- Work closely with the Tech Lead for expanding the PHP footprint in the current software stack.
- Translate Business and User needs into technical requirements and socialize architectural designs to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Help set up PHP infrastructure (servers, development pipeline, QA automation, etc).
- Train & assist other team members part of onboarding.
- Develop unit tests, run diagnostic tests, identify and repair defects and provide technical support.
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping the PHP stack up to date with the latest advancements.
- 7+ years of experience with PHP and frameworks as Symfony, Zend, or Laravel in building web/SASS applications
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience with Node.js (TypeScript is a plus)
- Extensive Object-Oriented programming experience
- Experience with Unit/Functional testing
- Experience working with additional languages is a plus (Node.js, Python,Go, C/C++, Perl, etc.)
- A strong sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively communicate with the team and across departments
- Ability to prioritize business needs
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum and Waterfall development methodology
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver project goals related to developing cross-functional systems
- Ability to lead the design and development of complex solutions that meet requirements within the timeline focusing on quality
- Deep understanding/experience of the object-oriented concepts, design patterns, clean coding, code refactoring, code review practices, and experience creating automated unit tests
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable
- Hands-on ability to write clean, secure, reliable, maintainable, and testable code with a robust design and building effect data models
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the design and development of relational databases
- Advanced knowledge in implementations of microservices and service-oriented architecture
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches