Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
As the Shopify Expert, you will be pivotal in our recently re-platformed B2C sites. In your role, you will provide ad hoc support to make adjustments to the site including front-end customizations, improving speed/performance, and other customizations as needed.
- Improving current site performance
- Setting up Google Ads conversion tracking
- Making some changes to the front-end such as setting up notifications, adding cents to product prices on product pages, removing the “Buy Now” feature from product pages, showing a notification when a product is added to the cart, and more—for example, a notification about a wish list (nothing is happening at the moment), etc.
- Proficiency in Shopify Platform: deep understanding of the Shopify platform, including its backend operations, functionalities, and capabilities
- SEO knowledge: good understanding of SEO principles to optimize the Shopify store for search engines, improving visibility and driving organic traffic
- UX/UI Design Skills: The ability to design user-friendly, visually appealing online stores is crucial. This includes understanding user behavior, creating effective navigation, and optimizing product pages
- Data Analysis: The ability to analyze and interpret data from Shopify analytics or other tools like Google Analytics to make data-driven decisions and strategies
- E-commerce: experience is preferred (background in e-commerce, understanding how online sales processes work, including payment gateways, shipping options, and inventory management)
- English: (Upper-Intermediate level or higher)
The company’s mission is to solve the problem of returns by increasing profits from returns and decreasing the environmental impact. We make it easy for retailers, manufacturers, vendors, and 3PLs to handle every item from the point of return to final disposition. We are the only company that manages the entire reverse logistics process end-to-end. Our company is vertically integrated with SaaS, supply chain, and ReСommerce business units, working under one roof to make the most impact for our clients. By joining our team, you’ll be a part of the following:
- SaaS eliminates human biases from returns decisions and connects to every part of the retail ecosystem, from the point of sale to the supply chain to ReСommerce
- Best-in-class reverse supply chain services
- ReСommerce services that list across 20+ high-demand marketplaces
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients!