Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for , or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We are looking for a result driven, team and detail oriented, organized UI/UX Developer. UI/UX Developer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. We follow a design first development practice that will integrate our collective business knowledge into a SaaS platform that must be intuitive to use. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. You should also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers, stakeholders, subject matter experts and engineers.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets that are aligned with our UI Toolkit and pattern library.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look and clearly communicate the business logic.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts/functional wireframes to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects (heavy data/grid cases are a plus)
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Zeppelin, Balsamig)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of Prototyping, Motion Design, User Research, Information Architecture
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- English level: Upper-Intermediate or Advanced
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Self-motivated in achieving goals and completing routine tasks
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Working in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients. Start your journey today!