Velvetech is an American global software development company headquartered in Chicago, IL. Velvetech has its developers strategically distributed in 10+ global technical job markets to deliver the best in class software engineering and exceptional client services.
We have 20+ years of experience in software and hardware development for clients all around the world, especially for US clients. As an official Microsoft Gold Partner, our company is listed in the top 5 software development companies in Illinois, USA.
US clients are leading trading and financial organizations, insurance companies, large healthcare associations, pharmaceutical and energy companies, equipment manufacturers, hi-tech startups, etc.
Areas of expertise are consulting, development, implementation, and support of software solutions. We implement modern backend solutions that support microservices architecture with the following technologies: NET Core, Node.js, Java, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ. For the web UI front-end development, we opt for React, or Angular, and for mobile development — Swift, Kotlin, Java. Most of the systems are designed for cloud infrastructures like AWS, Azure, GCP, and heavily rely on Docker, Kubernetes while modern CI/CD is made using GitLab CI or TeamCity. In September 2021, Velvetech LLC received the status of the official Training Provider of the International Institute of Business Analysis. This status gives us the right to conduct regular quality trainings for Business Analysts and anyone performing BA activities regardless their job title.
Principles are based on Agile Methodology, Scrum and Kanban. Various projects coded in GitLab or GitHub are built with multiple coordinated teams, collaborating via Jira, Confluence, MS Teams, and Slack. Velvetech constantly follows the Tech trends and actively cooperates with startups in such breakthrough areas as Machine Learning, the Internet of Things, Blockchain, FPGA, and AI.
We are seeking a talented and experienced WordPress Developer to join our team at Velvetech. As a WordPress Developer, you will be responsible for supporting our corporate website, publishing landing pages, optimizing templates for SEO requirements, and working on page speed acceleration. You will play a crucial role in enhancing our online presence and ensuring a seamless user experience for our website visitors.
- Develop and maintain WordPress websites, ensuring high performance, security and responsiveness
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to understand business requirements and translate them into effective web solutions
- Customize and optimize WordPress themes and templates to align with SEO requirements and improve organic search visibility
- Create and publish landing pages, ensuring they are visually appealing, user-friendly, and optimized for lead generation and conversion
- Perform regular website maintenance tasks, including updates, backups, and plugin management
- Conduct website performance audits and implement strategies for improving page speed and overall website performance
- Troubleshoot and resolve any website-related issues or bugs
- Stay up to date with the latest web development trends, WordPress updates, and SEO best practices
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer or similar role
- Strong proficiency in WordPress development, including custom theme development, plugin development, loops and extensions, API integration, and more
- Basic to advanced level proficiency in PHP and experience in scripting
- Experience with SEO best practices and optimizing websites for search engines
- Knowledge of website optimization techniques, including page speed optimization and performance monitoring
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines
- Familiarity with graphic design tools such as Figma and Adobe Photoshop
- Intermediate or higher level of English
- Velvetech is in the TOP 5 development companies in Illinois, USA
- You have FLEXIBLE working conditions and a COOPERATIVE environment
- A COMPETITIVE and performance-based salary, fair compensation and benefits
- Many CHALLENGING and exciting projects with new opportunities and learning
- GROWTH opportunities, skills and competencies improvement, and professional certification
- In-company TRAINING (English, Software / DevOps / Project management / Design / Business)
We are a friendly team of 150+ professionals where everyone is able to achieve high results and grows professionally not only due to their own knowledge and skills but also with the support of colleagues. Values that we highly appreciate are high performance, responsibility, respect, and loyalty. In order to have a highly motivated team, Velvetech invests in their people, additional education, certification, and others. You choose your career path and we are here to support you!
People work together in harmony, encouraging each other to continuously learn, progress, and pursue perfection. Our employees enjoy working as we turn challenges into advantages to share success with each other.
You have a chance to become a part of a friendly and professional team that creates robust software solutions to deliver maximum value to our international clients!